(Note: Next podcast episode contains a talk with Sigurd Magnusson. No dummies, not the Norwegian nobleman from the Battle of Florvag, he’s dead now. This is the one about Electric Vehicles)
Evolution is slow. You don’t need to be attached to animals to be alarmed by rapid species extinction.
Global Warming is very simple; you can demonstrate it in a school lab. Global climate modelling and prediction is really, really hard.
People are resources just like trees, cows and oil.
The amount of carbon increase in atmosphere is proportional to the amount of carbon extracted and released by human activity.
Grapes of Wrath captures the plight of millions whose lives were crushed by the failure of crops and financial systems. It showed the indifference of those who profit from disaster. It awakened the nation’s comprehension and compassion.
Just saying this now because:
- I used to think most people saw things this way and now I’m not so sure
- There is a good reason for the Greens combined environmental + social agenda
- Pointing out that scientists disagree on the outcomes doesn’t remove the problem
- I don’t care what you thought of Finding Nemo. The dying Barrier Reef is a massive warning.
- You will find yourself caught up in this eventually. Maybe read some Steinbeck.